Welcome to another trailer reaction post! It’s not a true reaction this time because I have seen these trailers before but I’ll still use the same format. I’ve seen a lot of movie trailers this month so I’m doing a reaction for the following: The 5th Wave, The Danish Girl and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
The Fifth Wave
- Ummmm, the plane and that fire are so obviously fake. Can we do some better CGI?
- Damn it I forgot that guy’s name! But he’s cute..Ben? I think..The person Cassie had a crush on..
- Um can the water look any more fake…
- Evan’s pretty cute too, not gonna lie
- wow much action
- such action
- cheesy dialogue with extra cheese on top
This movie can honestly go both ways but at this point, I’m a more than a little skeptical. It just looks like a mish mash of every single action movie already out there and post-apocalyptic movie put together. But Chloe is a good actress so we shall see.
The Danish Girl
The Danish Girl is based on the book by David Ebershoff. It is a historical/historical fiction novel (based on a true story) set in Denmark during the 1920’s about Lili Elbe and her transformation as one of the pioneers of transgender history. She was also one of the first (recorded) to undergo sex reassignment surgery. One of the negatives about the book, for me, was that I think the author didn’t delve as deep into the relationship between Lili (formerly Einar) and her wife as much as I think would allow for more character development and I’m hoping the movie will provide more interactions between these two because I think their relationship is one of the most fascinating aspects of the book. There’s been criticism towards the casting directors for casting a cisgendered man to play a transgendered woman. Obviously, it’s important to give these roles to trans people but I think that the physical transformation is as equally important to the story and having that transformation be gradually seen in the actor that has not undergone transformation will be interesting. So I’m a little on the fence about the criticism but anyways, I love the lush setting and the acting seems really well done so can’t wait to see it. This movie couldn’t have come at a better time considering the ever growing strive for transgender rights but also the discrimination against trans people.
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- I really liked Lily James in Cinderella but she’s an ok Elizabeth to me
- i still don’t know who Darcy is
- if it’s Sam Riley, he doesn’t seem like a Darcy to me
- Matt Smith! Sorry but cannot unsee Doctor Who..
- he looks like Chace Crawford..kind of..
- omg so creepy, that zombie though..
- finally a trailer doesn’t reveal every single plot twist of the movie..
The only thing I really want for this movie is that I hope it doesn’t take itself too seriously and that it keeps the essence of what Pride and Prejudice is about.
Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments
- i can already tell this is gonna be bad
- omg stop
The alternate title for this trailer should be “Sexy People With Runes and Weapons” or “Vampire Diaries but with Shadowhunters”..I can’t even..this is cheesier than cheese and that’s saying something because how can you be cheesier than cheese. *slaps forehead* But I’ll still watch it..if only for SImon and Isabelle :3
Are you excited for any of these movies/TV shows? Let me know what you thought of these trailers!