I’m finally getting to catch up on some blog awards that have been sitting there staring at me. I still have more that I will get to..eventually.I first wanted to do the Real Neat Blog Award.
I was nominated by Anjie @ Love thy Shelf, so thank you so much, Anjie! I adore her blog and love her blog look and you should definitely follow her if you love Sarah J. Maas’s books!
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 7 questions the nomination has provided.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers
- Create 7 questions for your nominees.
Anjie’s Questions For Me
1.What was your favorite read in July?
I was nominated in July but didn’t do this until now..lol but it would probably be The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss or The Death of Bees by Lisa O’Donnell.
2. Which book release are you anticipating the most?
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. I just entered a giveaway for the ARC copy but who am I kidding, I never win giveaways..*cries*
3.Other than reading, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I’ve recently developed a love for photo editing and hiking. Also, I love watching TV.
4. What’s your favorite TV show?
That’s like asking me to pick my favorite book..but one show that I’ll think I’ll always love is Parks and Recreation.
5. Which book character do you relate to the most?
I relate to a lot to Emily from Since You’ve Been Gone; it’s actually kind of uncanny how much I relate to her. I’m just as awkward in social situations, and just as uncertain of myself. I felt like I was reading a story of my life except I have no Frank in my life because I’m single af..*cries some more*
6. Pick your book boyfriend … just one! (No cheating like having a fantasy boyfriend and a contemporary boyfriend haha)
I’m actually surprised that I haven’t mentioned Raffe from the Angelfall trilogy but he’s definitely top of my book boyfriend harem. He’s just so sarcastic but so loyal and trusting and doesn’t butter things up for anyone even Penryn.
7. Are you currently crushing on anyone (not a book character)? Tell me about them. (Sorry I’m in a lovey-dovey mood!)
No I’m not, although I wish I was. For now, though, I’ll just have to settle for looking at Eddie Redmayne’s face.
- What’s your favorite personality trait? Least?
- A book you hate but everyone likes?
- What are your favorite reviews on goodreads?
- What’s a perfect/ideal day for you? Describe it.
- Your life motto?
- Your favorite quote from your favorite book?
- If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be?
The Blogger Recognition Award
1) Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
2) Write a post to show off your award!
Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
3) Make sure to also attach the award itself!
(You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
4) Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them.
Provide a link to the award post you created.
5) Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night.
That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
Thank you so much, Kira @ fieittyreads, for nominating me. I also really love her blog and I really like the personal touches she gives to her posts.
How I Started Blogging:
I actually got the idea for a blog about two years ago when I was on the Tumblr. I had been following thebooker on her blog for a while. You should definitely follow her if you have a Tumblr. She’s such a nice person and will always answer your bookish questions to the best of her ability and her blog look is as equally stunning. I was inspired by her to create a blog dedicated to books too where I could talk to other fellow book bloggers about books. So that’s how ahundredthousandstories.tumblr.com was born but I was kind of disappointed in the sense that the book blogging community on Tumblr is a little harder to reach, in my opinion, and I wasn’t having any substantial conversation even after a few months and structuring graphics, at least photos, is a little more difficult to do on Tumblr.
But I stuck with it until one day, I was fangirling with Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense about (surprise) The Winner’s Crime. After that, I read her WordPress blog and fell in love with it but I was scared to start a blog because I was worried I wouldn’t keep up with it, but she assured that having a book blog on another platform was worth it and it was, so shout out to her for the existence of this blog actually 🙂
Tips for New Bloggers:
1. Do what you want with your blog.
It may seem that in the beginning of your blog that you feel the need to do weekly memes or do things that most book bloggers do and that’s totally fine but don’t feel pressured into doing all of it. Go with how you want to run your blog and people will come to appreciate it.
2. Start a rapport with a fellow blogger!
Starting out a blog means you will have no connections at the beginning but find a blog that really interests you and comment on their posts. That way you can get introduced into this wonderful community and can have a bookish friend! 🙂
So for both of these awards, I nominate: (Feel free to ignore if you’ve done both or pick whichever one you would like to do)
Becca @ Becca and Books
Charley @ booksandbakes1
Calliope @ Calliope the Book Goddess
Ember @ literaryconstellation
Lara @ katnisspotterbooklover
Alicia @ cyborgknights
Catia @ thegirlwhoreadstoomuch