Thank you so much to Analee @ Book Snacks for nominating me! If you haven’t checked her blog, go for it because her blog is awesome and she’s an awesome blogger! 🙂
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link their website.
- Insert the award logo in your blog post.
- Answer the ten questions that were provided by the nominator.
- Nominate ten bloggers.
- Create ten new questions for your nominees.
- What is your favorite book cover? Why?
Too many, but the first one that came to mind is The Night Circus. I love how it’s detailed but simplistic at the same time. I also really like the contrast in colors. Normally I wouldn’t think that pink would work well with black and white but it does. I love covers that make you want to read the book but also have something to do with the book like the circus on the cover. I also really love the Barnes and Nobles classic editions. I just think they’re gorgeous. They have a timeless feel to them like you might find them in some rich lady’s library back in the 19th century.
2. What is your least favorite book you read this year?
Dear Joseph Delaney,
I have been with your characters for 12 previous books and I’ve been with them for some dark, creepy and awesome adventures. And then I wonder if you forgot about them and decided to disrespect one of my favorite characters in the series aka Alice. Nothing was really resolved and the plot was boring. Needless to say, I will not be reading the spinoff series because I have stuck with you for so long and you stomped on my heart and not in a good way. I will appreciate what this series has given me and I thank you for that but I think it’s time to say bye.
3. What makes you love a book?
The ingredients to making me love a book:
3 pounds of wonderful characters and friendships that I grow obsessively attached to (group ensembles and diversity preferred)
2 cups of adventure and action
2 Tablespoons of emotion that will tug at my heartstrings
Mix it all up,
Top if off with a dash of romance and humor
4. Do you snack while reading? If so, what do you snack on?
Not usually actually, I just hate getting up to wash my hands while I’m wrapped up in a book. If I do eat though, I’ll probably eat fruit.
5. What is the longest time you’ve gone without reading?
I read a little bit in middle school but I skipped about two years in high school. It wasn’t really until my junior year of high school that I really read a lot. The reason for that was probably because I would be at the library every day after school and being surrounded by so many books just led to me checking one or two which led to more..The other reason is The Hunger Games. My friend lent me The Hunger Games, consequently I loved it and I wanted to read more.
6. What is your favorite film adaptation of a book?
Probably will and forever be Lord of the Rings, specifically The Fellowship of the Ring. It’s just a masterpiece and has such a sense of wonder to it. Plus, it is so unintentionally funny. Btw, as anyone seen the potatoes remix on Youtube? It’s hilarious.
7. What is the largest amount of money you have ever spent on books at one time?
I’ve never really had the opportunity to spend loads of money at once on books though I wish I did. The most would probably be $50.
8. Which books have you re-read many times?
Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Ender’s game, The Night Circus, Lunar Chronicles, The Bartimeus triliogy, any of my favorites
9. Which book character would you want as your significant other? Why?
I don’t care that I’ve used this character for 500 other answers, I’m picking Peter Kavinsky. Can you tell I’m still not over him? What is there to say? He’s sweet, sexy, funny and would drive me around places. Maybe write some really bad love letters. I just feel like he would be the spontaneous type and I really like that ha.
10. Which book character do you think is most like you? What character would you most like to be?
I’m probably most like Emily from Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson. She is like me to a T. She’s shy, awkward, and introverted. The character I’d most want to be Kestrel from The Winner’s Curse and Allison from The Blood of Eden trilogy. I love Kestrel’s intellect and her way with words and I love Allison’s belief in humanity despite the experiences she’s had.
1. Your OTP just got married! What fictional world do you send them to for the perfect honeymoon? Which OTP?
2. You are having a bad day. Which fictional character do you go to for an inspirational pep talk?
3. What is your favorite scene in your favorite book of 2015 (so far)?
4. You have just received a million dollars to spend on your personal library. What would it look like?
5. If you could read one new release right now what would it be?
6. What book did you read that came to you at just the right time?
7. What is your favorite bookish item (not a book)?
8. What is a type of person that you would normally like in real life but would probably hate as a character in a book?
9. Your most recent favorite quote from a book?
10. What is a book that you think would make a great game? (can be any game: video, computer, app game)
(Feel free to ignore this if you’ve already been nominated!) I nominate..
1. Anjie @ Love Thy Shelf
2. E.B. @ OtherWORDly Endeavors
3. Stefanie @ yourdaughtersbookshelf
4. Erika @ Erika in Bookventureland
5. Blaise @ The Book Boulevard
6. Summer @ XingSings
7. Engie @ Musings from Neville’s Navel
8. Tasha @ Head In The Clouds, Heart in the Books
9. Andrea @ wander-ful worlds
10. Alicia @ akernelofnonsense