TRAILER REACTION TIME! I haven’t done one of these since The Maze Runner movie and I really miss them. It’s basically exactly what it sounds like, I react to a movie trailer live and write down my stream of consciousness as I watch it.
So first up is The Martian which I’ve read about 100 pages of and then I quit it. In short, I thought I thought the story had a lot of potential but didn’t deliver. The characters were flat and boring, the dialogue cringeworthy at best, and the writing meh. If the title of this book had been How to Survive on Mars 101 I would given this book a 5 stars because that’s how well-researched and technical it was.
- Wow the beginning message is essentially the whole movie; I believe it’s a quote at the end of the book
- basic instinct: humans help each other out..wow so deep..so smart..no just no
- OMG DONALD GLOVER LOL
- WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE CHILDISH GAMBINO
- I missed you on Community and then you go and be a part of a space movie..Is this real life
- He should have started rapping
- wow two actors from interstellar in another space movie
- the first minute of this trailer is already more emotional than the whole book
- “i’m going to have to science the shit out of this”..thank you to the youtube comment saying: you sound like jesse pinkman LOL, that is so true
- um Kirsten Wiig is just here in the trailer to give dramatic sad looks to the camera
- interesting music choice
I make fun of the trailer but in all honesty, I feel like it might be a better version of the story than the book because in the movie, we’ll at least get to see Mars and have that atmospheric background as well as add more emotional depth to Mark Watney’s character but still keeping his humor.
What did you think of the trailer? If you’ve read the book, what did you think of it?
Stay tuned for my Mockingjay Part two Teaser Trailer Reaction!